Sunday, August 5, 2012

Lime Tequila

(Work in Progress)

So, the other day I had an idea for a Margarita Martini.  I want the margarita flavor, but in a more traditional martini format.  My idea is to make this drink entirely from homemade liqueurs.  I plan on using limoncello, an orange liqueur, and a tequila-based lime liqueur.

This Lime Tequila recipe is based on the concept of limoncello:

Ingredients:
  • 7 limes
  • 1 cup Silver Tequila (1800)
  • 1 cup White Sugar
Instructions:
Step 1:  (Completed 7/31/12)
  1. Zest the limes.
  2. Juice the limes.
  3. Strain any pulp out of the lime juice.
  4. Dissolve the sugar into the lime juice.
  5. Combine zest, tequila, and lime juice/sugar mixture in glass container.
  6. Place in fridge for a minimum of 45 days.



Step 2:  (Anticipated)
Filter the liquer.

I hope that this will produce a nice, sweet, lime-flavored tequila liqueur.  I'll let you know how it turns out.

Check back later for information on the orange liqueurs that I am working on.

No comments:

Post a Comment