This next flavored vodka came about because I wanted a good flavored vodka to use in making a great Bloody Mary. It turned out nice and spicy.
- 2 cups Vodka
- 1 fresh Habanero Pepper
- Wash the habanero and cut it open.
- Place cut habanero and vodka in a glass jar.
- Allow to rest, shaking occasionally.
- Taste every 24 hours, until vodka has desired heat (24-72 hours).
- Remove habanero and filter.
I found that the desired heat was achieved after 48 hours. However, you can leave the habanero in for as long as you wish.