I am going to be posting a series of flavored vodka recipes over the next few weeks. The first one is Cherry Vanilla Vodka:
- 2 cups Vodka
- 1 jar drained Marachino Cherries
- 1 can drained Tart Cherries
- 1 Vanilla Bean
- Cut the vanilla bean in half and split down the middle.
- Pour all ingredients in a glass jar.
- Seal and allow to rest for one month.
- Strain and filter.
- Bottle and enjoy.
Since I wanted less of a vanilla taste, I removed the vanilla bean after one week. I recommend tasting the infusion periodically, and removing the vanilla bean when you hit the desired strength.